Propane: A Fuel With Many Uses
Written on: August 18, 2020
If you think propane is only for grilling, you’re missing the boat on one of the most versatile fuels around.
Clean, green propane can be used to power just about any appliance inside or outside your home. It burns hot and clean, is made in the U.S.A., and can keep your family warm and secure all year long.
The Possibilities Of Propane
Here are 9 of the best ways to use propane gas to power better quality of life in your Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, or northern Westchester County home:
- Outdoor living – Turn your ordinary outdoor space into your family’s favorite place to gather by adding a propane-powered outdoor kitchen, an outdoor propane fireplace or fire pit, a propane patio heater or propane lighting. A propane pool heater can stretch your outdoor swim season, too.
- Central heating systems – Because propane burns much hotter and heats more efficiently than electricity, investing in a propane furnace or boiler could pay for itself in just a few years. Propane heating systems last longer, too – typically about 50 percent longer than electric heat pumps.
- Water Heaters – High-efficiency propane water heaters cost up to 30 percent less to operate than electric heaters, with a recovery rate that’s nearly twice as fast. Switch to a propane tankless water heater and that savings could rise to 50 percent while providing unlimited hot water.
- Space heaters – Direct-vent and vent-free propane space heaters are safe, easy to install, and incredible efficient.
- Whole house generators – Power outages from severe weather can be inconvenient or even dangerous to your family. Whole-house propane generators will keep everyone safe and comfortable and your house and valuables protected.
- Cooking grills – Nothing beats the precision temperature control of a propane cooking grill. Portable and built-in outdoor propane gas grills heat fast and burn clean, with no charcoal residue, no chemical smells, and no harmful emissions to worry about.
- Fireplaces – A propane fireplace or log set will give you the beauty and convenience of a wood fire at the touch of a button, with no set-up or clean up headaches. They’re also five to six times more efficient than their wood-burning equivalents, cost less to maintain, and don’t cause a dangerous buildup of creosote in your chimney.
- Ovens and ranges – There’s a reason why 95 percent of professional chefs cook with gas rather than electric. With precision temperature control and more even heat distribution, nothing beats a propane oven and range.
- Clothes dryers – Propane burns hotter than electricity – which means a propane gas clothes dryer will run for less time and cause less wear and tear on your clothing.
Looking for a fuel that can do it all? Propane can. Looking for a propane supplier that can do it all? Downey Energy can! Contact us today to learn more about reliable propane deliveries in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, and northern Westchester counties, NY from the pros at Downey.