End-of-Season HVAC Tune-Up? Yes!
Written on: March 20, 2023
Is your Heating & Cooling ready for next season?
Winter is in the rearview mirror, but it can still be quite cool at this time of year. It makes sense that you may not be ready to power on your AC just yet. However, those warmer temperatures will be here before we know it. Have you thought about how to best prep your AC so it’s on standby, ready when you need it? Read on to learn more about why an HVAC tune-up is a good idea as summer nears.
Benefits of HVAC maintenance
Why is getting an end-of-season HVAC tune-up one of the most important things you can do as you welcome in spring and summer? The answer boils down to: it saves you time, trouble and money down the road! We’re not talking about years into the future, either. A neglected HVAC system can spell big problems at the worst time – right when you need the AC to kick into high gear. Getting that tune-up now can help you:
- Make the most of your HVAC’s lifespan: Regular maintenance is the best way to ensure a small problem that could have easily been remedied by a professional doesn’t mean the end for your air conditioner or other equipment this summer and beyond.
- Boost energy-efficiency and lower utility costs: Just like your vehicle, your HVAC system needs regular tune-ups to live up to its potential. A tune-up ensures that your system will run at its best efficiency so that you can see the impact via reduced utility bills. In fact, you can save up to 30% on your cooling costs with a system working at peak efficiency!
- Prevent breakdowns and repair costs: An upgraded HVAC system could cut your annual heating and cooling costs in half—and eliminate the costs and stress of breakdowns—while keeping your home and family more comfortable, no matter what the temps are outside.
Take steps to protect your AC before it gets too hot
There’s no reason for your family to be uncomfortable in your home at any time of year. You can protect your investment in your family’s comfort all year long with these helpful season’s-end tips. Ask you your local Hudson Valley energy expert at Downey Energy about:
- Prepping your AC for this coming warm season. Your tune-up service technician can help address any minor problems that developed with your HVAC system over the winter. Remember, your AC sat idle throughout the colder season and needs some attention before it’ll be ready to work full-time in the warmer months.
- Replacing weatherstripping, seals and insulation. Home upgrades like these are easy to complete while it’s still comfortable to work outdoors, so get started before the sweltering weather arrives. You don’t want to skip securing your home’s gaps and cracks, because it can save you lots on your energy bills by keeping the cool air inside your home. By preventing cooled air from escaping, and muggy air from sneaking inside, your HVAC equipment won’t bear as much wear and tear when cooling your home around the clock.
- Chucking that clogged air filter. It’s expensive to push cool air through a dirty air filter! Don’t pay more to circulate dirty air while putting increased strain on your system. If your HVAC system was marinating in dirt and residue all winter, you’ll want a fresh start before the AC starts pumping. You can do this maintenance step yourself, or ask your tune-up tech to take care of it for you!
- Enrolling in a service plan. Your HVAC system includes essential equipment to keep your home warm, safe and comfortable. And they’re a big investment. Get the most out of that investment with regular maintenance!
Trustworthy energy experts can help with an HVAC tune-up
Ready your air conditioner for this summer and stop potential breakdowns and costly repairs in their tracks when you get your end-of-season maintenance out of the way now. Our service technicians are trained and experienced, with an excellent history of quality work and outstanding service.
Make sure your home can beat the heat this summer and beyond! Reach out to the experts at Downey Energy to get started.