Why Heating Oil Is A Good Way To Heat Your Home
Written on: February 17, 2021
You have a lot of decisions to make when it comes to buying a new home or renovating an old one – but one of the most important is a choice that a number of people gloss over: how the home is heated.
The type of home heating system you choose will have a big impact on your quality of life: not only will it affect your family’s comfort for half the year, but it will also significantly impact your energy bills.
Here in the Hudson Valley, there are many ways to heat a home, but one offers unique advantages that most other options struggle to match: heating oil. Why choose heating oil to heat your home?
- It really brings the heat – When it comes to pumping out Btus, nothing tops good old-fashioned fuel oil. Heating oil burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas, which means your home will heat faster and you’ll need to burn less fuel to stay comfortable.
- It’s efficient – Many of today’s oil-fired furnaces and boilers boast efficiency percentage ratings well into the 90s; combine that efficiency with the high burning temperature of heating oil (see #2) and you’ll see why heating oil delivers great heating bang for your buck.
- It’s safe – Unlike natural gas, heating oil will never explode. In fact, heating oil does not even burn in a liquid state – it must be vaporized and heated to 140 degrees in order for combustion to occur.
- There’s plenty of it– During the winter, high demand for fuel can strain the supply of natural gas – but that will rarely happen with heating oil.
- It’s good for the planet – Eco-friendly oil? You bet. Today’s ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) burns 95 percent cleaner than heating oil did 50 years ago. Clean burning fuel also means longer lasting equipment.
The bottom line: While shopping for a home or replacing your heating system, heating oil is a great option! Once you install your heating oil equipment, choose Downey Energy for the best value and most reliable heating oil deliveries in the Hudson Valley.