How To Improve Your Home Comfort In 2021!
Written on: January 4, 2021
For most of us, 2020 couldn’t end fast enough. The good news 2020 is officially behind us – which makes now the perfect time to look ahead.
Before we do, it’s a good idea to take stock on how we can make the comfort and wellbeing of our families a priority in the months ahead. Here are some suggestions for ways to keep your bills low and your family happy and healthy in 2021.
- Take care of the little things – Keeping your Hudson Valley home comfortable and efficient is as much about small habits as it is about fancy equipment. Pay attention to home comfort details in 2021: change your air filters regularly, keep your vents and baseboards clear, close doors and windows, caulk and weather seal cracks, install door sweeps, etc. You’ll notice smaller bills each month and you’ll feel better along the way.
- Commit to convenience – Why take on more stress than you need to – especially these days? Sign up for our fee-free Budget Plan in 2021 for more predictable heating oil and propane bills, or automatic fuel delivery to greatly reduce the risk of a run-out. Or try paperless billing and save yourself time, paper clutter, and a stamp!
- Get to know your thermostat – Using a programmable thermostat is a simple way to save 10 percent on your heating bills. If you don’t own one, strongly consider installing a programmable or smart model – with proper use, it will pay for itself the first year you own it.
- Get a tune-up – Probably the most important thing you can do for your home comfort is to get an annual tune-up for your heating system every year. Routine service by an experienced HVAC professional pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Downey Energy Service Plan (we have them for your cooling system, too).
- Make sensible upgrades – Even if you diligently maintain your equipment, there will come a time when replacing your furnace or boiler will make more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate – an upgrade will usually pay for itself in a few years in the form of lower energy bills, and will provide more reliable performance along the way.
Bid farewell to 2020 and start 2021 on the right foot with expert service and heating equipment upgrades from Downey Energy. Contact us today to learn about heating equipment installations in the Hudson Valley!