Downey Energy Is Hiring!
Written on: May 9, 2022
Come Join Our Team
Downey Energy is growing, and we’re looking to hire oil burner and propane service technicians to work for our Hudson Valley company. If you’re looking to be part of a community-based and family-owned company that cares about its customers, then you should join our team.
At Downey Energy, our staff is important to us. We want to see them succeed. With the tremendous growth in business we’ve experienced, we’re looking to add members to our team.
Oil & Propane Service Technicians
Service Technicians represent the company in the field and are responsible for performing the installation, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of many types of home heating and comfort appliances, tanks, and supply systems. Downey Energy Service Technicians provide quality service and prioritize customer satisfaction, productivity, and safety.
These are full-time positions paying $29–$35 per hour (depending on your level of experience).
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays
Responsibilities: Service Technicians are responsible for the following activities:
- Installation and service of home heating appliances and systems
- Transportation, installation, assembly, and removal of home comfort and other appliances and systems with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Troubleshooting, servicing, repairing, and maintenance for home comfort and other appliances and systems
- Assisting other technicians and/or employees as needed
- Resolving customer concerns or complaints in a professional and helpful manner and providing customers with solutions to their energy, comfort, and safety-related needs
- Ensuring the maintenance, cleanliness, and safe use of company service vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Understanding, following, and advocating company policies as well as local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and codes pertaining to safety
- Representing the company professionally and respectfully when interacting with customers and the general public
- Completing all required paperwork and documentation in a professional and legible manner
2–4 years of experience working in a service department.
High School diploma (or its equivalent)
Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Ability to pass a pre-employment physical (conducted at our occupational health provider’s location)
Ability to satisfy the eligibility standards set for criminal and other background checks
Join Our Hudson Valley Company
When you work for Downey Energy, you become part of a family-owned company that cares about people. For over a century, we’ve brought comfort to our Hudson Valley customers from Cortlandt Manor to Carmel, all around Dutchess County, Orange County, Putnam County, and northern Westchester County.
Ready to apply or want to learn more about working with us? Click here!